Captain Scott Walker has fished the waters of the Florida Keys and the Mid-Atlantic for over 25 years. He is a very successful professional charter boat captain in local and regional sportfishing tournaments. But what really sets Scott apart from his competition is his work ethic. For Captain Scott every day and every activity is tackled with a level of energy and excitement that few Captains can sustain for a week, much less a lifetime.
Tournaments and Awards
White Marlin Open, 1987, Ocean City – Top Mate Award, the coveted Most Billfish Release Points
- IGFA 1989, Aftco Top Captain Award “Atlantic”, Most Sailfish Tagged
- White Marlin Open, 1992, Ocean City – Top Captain Award, Most Billfish Release Points
- Mid Atlantic $500,000 Billfish Tournament, 1994, Cape May – First place White Marlin ($241,000 prize)
- Mid-Atlantic $500,000 Billfish Tournament, 2004, Cape May – Second Place White Marlin ($486,000 prize)
- World Sailfish Championship, 2004, Key West – First Place Top Captain/Most Sailfish Released/Top Boat ($386,000 prize)
- Mid-Atlantic $500,000 Billfish Tournament, 2006, Cape May – Second Place Blue Marlin ($186,000 prize)
- Miami Sailfish Cup, 2008, Miami – 2nd Day Daily Highpoint Boat
- Grand Master, 2008, Ocean Reef, FL – First Place
- Ocean Reef Cup, 2009, Ocean Reef, FL – Last Day Daily Highpoint Boat
- World Sailfish Championship, 2009 – Last Day Daily Highpoint Boat
- Numerous other smaller tournaments with over $200,000 in prize winnings
The Huntress – Both 46’ and 55’ Ocean Yachts, 1981-1988
Dixie Lady – 45’ Hatteras, 1988-1994
The Natural – 57’ Ricky Scarborough, 1994-1995
Hang’em High – 55’ Ocean Yacht, 1995-1996
Billfisher – 60’ Ricky Scarborough, 1998-2000
Tailwalker – 43’ Viking, 1998-2009 (owned and operated)
Cracker – 57’ Dean Johnson, 2007 – 2009
Tailwalker 2 – 50’ Viking, 2008-2009
Tippy Canoe – 56’ Viking, 1998-2009
Numerous private Sportfishing vessels operated over this period
| Captain Steve Rodger is a native to Key West, Florida, a true Conch and a rare commodity these days. Raised on the waters surrounding the Keys, Steve has a lifetime of fishing and diving experience. He started commercial fishing on his own at the age of 16, which is the youngest allowable age to obtain a COMMERCIAL SALTWATER PRODUCTS LICENSE. From there, Steve learned more about the Florida Keys both above and below the water than most people could in a lifetime. Steve continues to learn today through his charter service, Spear One Charters in Key West, and through his personal diving and spearfishing adventures. Steve is one of the rare few who are as comfortable below the water as above.
Steve is equally accomplished above and below the water. As a top charter guide, his time is coveted by celebrities and long time customers for his tournament winning techniques and his fantastic attitude towards fishing and life. Many know Steve as a shark fishing expert due to his top 2 performances in ESPN2’s Madfin Shark Series, however, he proves daily that he is a top Captain for any specie. Under water, Steve tests the limits of his body and equipment by trying to hunt large fish in the open Ocean. His biggest fish to spear and subdue thus far is a Yellowfin Tuna that weighed over 200 pounds!
Steve brings his knowledge and experience to Into the Blue to allow others to see what fuels his passion. Watch for his incredible underwater videography to fill this series with captivating images of the Ocean’s greatest predators.